Philippians 1:21Thursday, February 13, 2014
ComfortFriday, February 07, 2014
I find great encouragement in this passage:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too"
- God is a God of comfort. He is concerned with us and our heartaches. He cares when we hurt. He is able to help.
- Those who have received the comfort and consolation which God provides also provide comfort when we are hurting. When we are terribly distressed there are brothers and sister in Christ who have, in their lives, received comfort, and they are ready and able to help others.
- We must be ready to serve others in their time of need. When we receive care from Almighty God, and from other Christians, we become equipped to help others who are in need of comfort.
We need God and we need each other!
SunshineWednesday, December 11, 2013
"But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall." (Malachi 4:2)
"Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:43) This was Jesus concluding statement of the teaching of Jesus that we generally call the parable of the tares.
SupportThursday, November 14, 2013
First consider 1 Corinthians 12:26. This is a passage that is comparing the church to a physical body: "If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together."
Our ResourcesFriday, November 01, 2013
"... fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
This passage shows us that:
- When you are afraid, the Lord is there to protect you!
- When you are discouraged, Almighty God is on your side!
- In weakness, He is your strength!
- In desperation, He is your help!
- In devastation, He is your support!